What is premature ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation (PE) is men’s most prevalent sex problem and yet, being shrouded in shame and embarrassment, it’s not openly talked about. While men who experience impotence can visit their GP and get pharmaceutical support, they’re unlikely to receive any beneficial support for premature ejaculation.
Few men have been taught successful strategies for dealing with PE and the consequences can be devastating for many of them. Resulting in: the avoidance of intimacy, blaming their partners, pretending its ok, when they know inside it isn’t, or just declaring its part of getting older and they must learn to live with it. All of which results in a lack of sex and intimacy, causing their well-being and the success of most intimate relationships to suffer.
Why does PE occur?
I see one of the main causes of PE is stress followed by inadequate sex education. Often the prevalent approach to sex for many people is friction based with the goal of ejaculation. This is understandable as we are fed with a cultural diet of porn which is fast, friction based and genital based and focused on the goal of ejaculation. Whether you watch it or not, its deeply woven into the fabric of our collective consciousness and thus influences our relationship to our sexuality beyond what may be obvious.
I’d suffered from PE for over 10 years, I’d given up on it ever getting better until I read about Sexological Body Work and found Catherine. I can’t believe that it was in many ways so simple to resolve. I did my homework and was committed to changing my patterns with that determination I now have control again over my ejaculation. This is priceless to me, I feel like a man again. ~ Conor
Who are the premature ejaculation coaching sessions for?
For men who want to:
- feel they have more control over when they ejaculate
- have techniques they can share with a partner/s
- let go of patterns of addiction to ejaculation and find new pathways to pleasure
- change old patterns of self-touch
- break addictive patterns of watching porn or being in fantasy
- learn new ways to pleasure themselves and to expand their pleasure repertoire
How does a premature ejaculation coaching session work?
In a first session I will guide you through the skills you need to connect with your genitals in a new way. This includes knowing your sexual anatomy and working with breath, sound, movement and touch.
I will give you some home practice to do, and I’ll offer you some email coaching as you do the home practice.
The second session involves introducing more arousal in the body, whilst supporting you to stay below your point of no return.
Most men find after 2 sessions they feel much more empowered to control their ejaculation. Sometimes men continue with sessions to learn more about their sexuality.
I am qualified Sexological body-worker, a professional member of The Association of Somatic and Integrative Sexologists (ASIS) and I abide by the ACSB code of ethics.
What do I expect from a premature ejaculation coaching session?
- to learn about your arousal network and how to move up and down it
- to identify where your point of no return is and learn how to not go past it
- to learn discrete skills of breath, sound and movement and how this influences your arousal levels
- to expand your repertoire of touch and to explore the impact of touch on your body
- to stay present with yourself without escaping into fantasy or into porn
- to learn new pathways to pleasure and in doing so clear out shame
- to learn about and experience different types of orgasm how to separate ejaculation from orgasm for people in male bodies
- let go of embarrassment and shame around your sexuality
- 2 hours Devon £200 or London £250
- 3 hours Devon £250 or London £300
- Community care sessions: I offer 2 sessions of two hours each week in Devon at the concessionary rate of £150. These sessions are for people local to Totnes who would otherwise not be able to afford my usual rate. I’m also offering 3 sessions a month at £100 to people who are experiencing challenging circumstances.
Sessions in Devon take place at the beautiful Nautilus Rooms in Totnes.
Book a session: firstname.lastname@example.org