Who are these scar tissue healing sessions for?
Scar tissue is the physical attribute of trauma in the body. Some scars can remain active, meaning that collagenous deposits continue to be left at the site of the scar. These deposits can travel along connective tissue in the body creating tightness, pulling, sharp pain, aching often a distance away from the scar site. Often there can be pain during and after sex with abdominal and pelvic scars.
I offer sessions for painful scars including:
- c-section scars
- inter-vaginal birth related scars
- episiotomy scars
- pelvic surgery including hernias, laparoscopic surgery and laparotomic surgery
- breast scars from augmentation, reduction or other breast surgery
Scar tissue healing can often be the first step before addressing your sexuality as a whole, as resolving pain is an essential step in reclaiming pleasure.
How does a scar tissue healing session work?
These sessions are often done in conjunction with other body work that you may have requested. Each scar is met through touch and you are encouraged to connect with the sensations and emotions that may be present there for you.
Scar tissue massage is performed using castor oil, a traditional healing oil, that significantly reduces inflammation and breaks down the collagenous tissue.
You may be advised to do a series of castor oil packs after the session, full guidance is given on this.
Scars need to be more than 6 weeks old.
What to expect after a scar tissue healing session
- more softness on and around the scar
- less of the symptoms you were presenting with
- more pleasure and less sexually related pain
- more connection to your body
- greater sense of well-being
- 1.5 hours Devon £150 or London £200
- 2 hours Devon £200 or London £250
- 3 hours Devon £250 or London £300
- Community care sessions: I offer 2 sessions of two hours each week in Devon at the concessionary rate of £150. These sessions are for people local to Totnes who would otherwise not be able to afford my usual rate. I’m also offering 3 sessions a month at £100 to people who are experiencing challenging circumstances.
Sessions in Devon take place at the beautiful Nautilus Rooms in Totnes.
Book a session: email@example.com